Friday, May 10, 2013

Testing an Open Course

My home institution, like many, has immersed itself into the world of open courses. I'm participating in a beta test of the first open course. Rather than start yet another blog (since I already have 4 or 5), I thought TechMate would be ideal to serve as my test stomping grounds. We were instructed to create sections for the blog, but I'd rather not disrupt my existing setup. Therefore, I will add appropriate labels as needed.

If your tumble down the rabbit hole has landed you here, ignore this post. Read some of my other posts; they are fairly interesting (I hope). Leave a comment; nobody ever seems to comment. I'm guilty of that myself. That's one of the failures of most blogging attempts -- nobody comments. I wonder if it's because we are ashamed or embarrassed to proffer our opinions; if we think others won't value our thoughts or ideas; or if we are just not interested. Any thoughts on that? I think for many people, myself included, it's that we think others won't appreciate our insights. Am I wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment